Now that I am back to wearing high heels almost everyday—I can’t help but notice the similaries in re-learning how to walk in high heels and starting this new job. I’m walking carefully, sometimes I stumble, but I find myself standing a little taller and a little straighter each day.
Last Wednesday- the bottom fell out on me in a series of crazy events.
1. I woke up late still needing to shower because my hair was past due for a wash.
2. I put on three different pairs of pantyhose– the first pair had several runs, the second I’m pretty sure were old show choir tights, the third pair–the ones I ended up wearing had not one but three holes in the crotch.
3. I get out to my car with my purse, lunchbox and realize I needed a change of clothes because I worked at Old Navy that night.
4. I finally am ready to go start my car, hit the windshield wipers to get the dusting of snow off and my driver’s side wiper goes flying into the street!
5.I get out of my car grab the wiper throw it in the back seat and pull out —into the huge snow drift.
6.10 minutes later with the help of my mom we get my car out of the snow.
7. I’m 15 minutes late to work which in week three still seems like a bad impression.
I can laugh about it now that I have new pantyhose in my drawer, a new windshield wiper, and the snow is melting