It started with a tub of blueberry cream cheese. It came with a bucket of bagels I purchased from Einstein’s. I knew I would never finish this cream cheese before the expiration date. Why? Because though I love me some blueberries, I don’t particularly like blueberry cream cheese on my bagels. It’s just a little too sweet and all together too much.
So what do you do with cream cheese you’re not going to eat? Make mini cheesecakes of course! I had to add some plain cream cheese to this recipe because there was not enough blueberry to complete the recipe. But they turned out delicious with a light blueberry flavor that was not too overpowering. AND I got to use my new hand-mixer.
This recipe is simple and I found it on allrecipes.com
- 12 vanilla wafers
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Line muffin tins with 12 paper baking cups. Place a vanilla wafer in each one.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add eggs, lemon juice, and sugar. Beat until smooth and thoroughly combined.
- Fill each baking cup 2/3 full with cream cheese mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 17 minutes. Cool on a rack.